Sunday, December 18, 2011

Greetings

We all know the Trickster - he's everywhere, all the time. The online store that tells you they can't ship to a P.O. Box? Yep. The test you studied all night for and ended up not knowing half of the material? Definitely.

He may not always be active, but he's always watching. He waits for his chance to spring into your unsuspecting little life and complicate things. It's what he does.

Now, he is also the little voice that dares you to jump off the high dive, or take that trip you've always wanted. He is the one that told you to go ahead and put ice down the back of your brother's shirt and start the hour-long water war. Sometimes, Trickster is the best thing that ever happened to us.

Trickster's presence is not a good or a bad thing. It just... is.


Now, if you haven't left by now, I'm sure you're wondering.... what's the point? Get on with it, I'm bored. ::mouse hovers over X button::

Alright, already! Gosh. So impatient.

Anyway, the whole point of this blog is to share experiences with the Trickster. You email me your stories to magicalprogram@gmail.com, and once a week I post them here (after changing names to protect the innocent, adding my own reactions, etc.)

In the event that I don't have a reader's story to share (which I'm hoping won't be very often) I will share a personal anecdote of a brush with the Trickster (or just make something up; points for guessing which is which).

Well, enough of this whole introduction business. I've got real work to do which I am most diligently avoiding. Now, with this blog, I can just blame Trickster and my boss will understand and pay me anyway! Right?

I'll let you know how that goes...

Cheers,
MP

No comments:

Post a Comment